Tuesday, December 15, 2015

Long time no post!


Day 55

 A month has past since my last update. Two weeks ago, X-rays were taken and Dr. Brunet gave me the go ahead to start walking. Since then I have been interchanging between my fracture boot and my running shoes.  Luckily, I still have one pair running shoes that are a size larger than my norm so my right foot can fit; the only caveat is that they're bright pink. I still take my crutches along when I expect to be out for longer than 30 minutes. I started driving on December 5th (6.5 weeks post-op) and on December 11 (7.5 weeks) I was able to make the two hour drive to my parents house in Ottawa with the help of cruise control. I feel like I can finally enjoy my time off with my new found freedom.


  My big toe is still lazy four weeks post K-wire removal. Dr. Brunet encouraged my continuation of physiotherapy and was confident that with time, my toe movement would return. The video below was taken on Friday December 3, 2015.


  I am looking forward to returning to the gym in three days and anticipate to return to work in early January 2016. 





No comments:

Post a Comment