9 months post-op
Here are my concerns:
1) My big toe is stiff and has lost some range of motion consequently,
2) My third toe is taking on extra force creating shooting pains when I walk, mostly without shoes on.
3) My plantar fasciitis is re-manifesting - it took me two years to get over this the first time!
I was advised to:
1) Continue my toe crunch exercises - I've been lax on these.
2) Get more stable shoes because I over-pronate (flat foot) - my shoe should not twist like this.
|A twistable shoe is a big no no for over-pronators!|
3) Get orthotics to even out weight distribution and prevent over-pronating.
So this is my plan and I feel once my third toe pain is gone, I will be 100% happy with my outcome.
During my visit with my family MD, he gave me a copy of my OR report. GOLD! Here is a great website that will break down the medical terms: houstonmethodist.org