Friday, October 30, 2015

Out with the Wheelchair, In with the Knee Walker


Day 10

  I ditched the wheelchair this time and opted for a brand new mode of transportation: a knee walker. NB: this does not replace your crutches. Compared to my first experience, I'm certainly more active and independent around the house with its help. I am able to carry things, especially items from the kitchen to the living room without the stress of spilling my coffee everywhere.  It even came with a panier (there are certain words that I prefer in French). I ordered it online at kneewalkercentral.ca The cost was $312.00 including shipping and it arrived in 4 days.  It was quick to assemble and significantly lighter than a wheelchair. My benefits covered 90% of the cost, so be sure you check with your benefit company to verify inclusions for your unique plan. I took it to the mall today to run a quick errand:  it definitely has potential for good speed and on bumpy asphalt, it was surprisingly comfortable. I think I put a smile on strangers faces as I dashed by them. 


Check out this ride - the need for speed!


You can't beat this look!





2 comments:

  1. This blog through it words has given a key to proficiency.
    best-knee-scooters

    ReplyDelete
  2. How delightfully every one of the sentiments have been passed on through composing.
    best-knee-scooters

    ReplyDelete